Welcome to HERMES!
Our mission is to provide world-class solutions free of cost to facilitate communication across the Internet, wheresoever people find themselves on the globe. We provide tools for residential and institutional power users to make use of established Internet protocols (POP3, IMAP, SMTP, and Gnutella) to their optimum advantage.
We aim to provide software that is:
- Free of cost. You will never pay upfront for any of our software, and there will never be feature or time limitations. We will not nag you to pay, either. If you want to support us, there is an open call for donations of time, labour, and money---and that is all.
- Not a re-invention of the wheel. We aim to build on universal, internationally-standardised technologies by providing the best possible experience for the user. There will be no walled gardens or redundant infrastructure; our software will be standards-compliant.
- Secure. Our solutions will maintain compliance with the latest norms where security is concerned; we will not leave known security holes open for all and sundry to exploit.
- Client-side. We create traditional software that runs on your computer. Although you will need, by definition, to be connected when transmitting and receiving, all other work can be done offline. We will not be party to substituting software with online services.
- Adaptable. We aim to put the user first, so that you can use it your way instead of being pigeonholed into a particular workflow. There will be no HERMES way of doing things---that's for the competition.